I get a lot of questions as to what I pack for different assignments. So hopefully here is the first of many different “What’s in the Camera Bag” blog posts. Tonight I am assigned to cover the MLS game between the Seattle Sounders FC and the San Jose Earthquakes in Seattle, and it’s suppose to rain.
This is what will be packed in my Think Tank Airport Security V2.0 camera bag.
- Nikon D700 camera body
- Nikon D300 camera body (soon to be another D700 or maybe a D4
- Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 for close up shots and stadium shots)
- Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 for goal shots shooting from the corner
- Nikon 300mm f/2.8 for shooting up to about the half field mark
- Nikon SB800 flash just in case
- A lot of SanDisk CF cards (can never have enough)
- Black Rapid Strap (love this thing!)
- Think Tank Hydrophobia 70-200 rain cover
- Think Tank Hydrophobia 300-600 rain cover
- Apple MacBook
- ….and lot of other misc items like cables, card readers back up hard drives, etc.